So you have a Berkey Water Filter Purifier and you want to remove nasty Fluoride, Arsenic and residual heavy metal ions from your water. Our Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are just what the doctor ordered.
Our Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey® water purification elements to adsorb Fluoride, Arsenic V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III, and other residual heavy metal ions.
Our Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are so great that they are used by some the world's leading relief organizations such as UNICEF, the Peace Corps, The Red Cross, The Red Crescent, as well as missionaries and relief workers in over 140 countries throughout the world.
Here is some technical information you should know:
- FLUORIDE: Testing for fluoride was based on 20-30ppm of the ion in the influent aqueous solution at a flow rate of no more than 3 gpm per cubic foot of media. Results of 95% reduction). Under optimum conditions, effluent concentrations of less than 50 ppb were readily achieved (>99.75% reduction).
- ARSENIC: This product uniquely targets the entire family of arsenic oxide anions as well as the arsenic cations.
- REPLACEMENT: Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons. High levels of Fluoride, arsenic and heavy metals may reduce the capacity and efficiency of the elements.
Here are some more notes ...
- Do not boil our Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements.
- PF-2 elements reduce filtration flow rate by 15-20%.
- The media used in the PF-2 filter elements contains high-grade activated aluminum oxide, which currently is the most efficient media available for extracting fluoride from water.
Below are the results we obtained when testing the PF-2 elements (the water was not pre-filtered through the Black Berkey® elements). The reduction over time is due to additional residual process dust being washed free from the PF-2 elements as the system is used. To give a scale for comparison purposes we include test results from a national brand toothpaste and water boiled in an aluminum pan.
- National brand toothpaste 52.878 ppm aluminum
- Water boiled in an aluminum pan for five minutes: 2.791 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after conditioning (5 cycles): .178 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after 10 Cycles: .037 ppm aluminum
- PF2 after 20 Cycles: .029 ppm aluminum
WaterCheck.biz donates a portion of our revenues to water sustainability projects - to keep our earth's water safe and accessible for all of us. When you purchase our Berkey™ Filter Products - YOU are making the world a better place.
Our Berkey™ Filter Products Have A 30-day $$$ Back Guarantee. A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number must be requested within 30 days of delivery of the order. Requests must be made by emailing: email@example.com with name and original purchase date.
Berkey PF-2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements - 2 Pac
has a rating of 5.0 stars
based on 2 reviews.