World Water Day is a day to celebrate the gift of water and the one day each year when we need to stand for how important water is to our lives and our future.
The United Nations began recognizing and establishing World Water Day in 1992, and each year a different theme is chosen to illuminate one critical area of how water impacts our lives. This year’s theme: Nature for Water explores how we can use nature to overcome the water challenges of the 21st century.
Here Are The Top 10 Ways You Can Stand For Water:
1. RESEARCH. Take a moment to learn more about the United Nations website about World Water Day. Most do not know the facts surrounding water issues around the world.
2. EDUCATE. Know the truth about World Water Crisis. The infographics at Water.org provides straight up facts about the water crisis.3. UNDERSTAND. The relationship of our actions and inactions and how this impacts our drinking water. Understand the real risks associated with unhealthy drinking water.
Enjoy clean, crisp, ultra-filtered water without the hassle of dealing with heavy bottles and delivery schedules. Save money, space, and time with your own Global Water bottleless water cooler system.
4. TRANSFORM. The water crisis will not be solved until we step outside of ourselves and the corrupt corporate culture that has our stolen our water rights away from us. Leadership is needed to take the bold and transformative steps to shift thinking about water. Through the wisdom of the crowd, a collective consciousness can transform our relationship with water.
5. STAND. Take a moment to learn how you can Save Water And Protect Our Water. Water conservation is one of the best ways to protect the earth’s most precious resource for our children and the next generation. By saving and reducing water use helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
6. PREPARE. Everyone needs to be prepared for the unexpected. In an event of a disaster make sure you have a survival kit to be ready when the crisis hits.
7. ACT. Take steps to save water in your home. Most water leaks around the home will be visible leaks (faucets, shower-heads, etc.) and others may take a little more effort to find. Fixing even the smallest of leaks will save you several hundreds of gallons of water every year.
8. CHANGE. Make a difference by reducing your water footprint and get involved with local and global water conservation and advocacy efforts. Be the change.
9. ILLUMINATE. Like our Facebook Page, The Campaign for Water Protection and help promote our ongoing commitment to educating and taking a strand for water. Join us and help us raise the awareness about the many threats to our water supply.
10. ADVOCATE. A growing global movement are defending the legal "rights of nature." Take decisive actions today to stop the assault on our water.
Take this one day to reflect on how important water is to us and our very existence. Encourage your friends to share ways to take a stand for water on social media for World Water Day. Breakthrough and be the change, help people get how water sustains us, revives us and keeps healthy. Together we are a powerful force that can affect change.
Happy World Water Day!
Comments will be approved before showing up.