Plastic water bottles are such a waste.
The long-lasting effects of plastic water bottles have a devastating dangerous impact on our planet and its water. Plastic bottles are wasteful, unnecessary and just plain stupid.
Start taking steps to reduce pollution and protect our water based planet. Make an investment in our planet’s future, buy a reusable Hydro Flask!
Share our 10 Reasons To STOP Using Plastic Water Bottle facts to educate the public about the importance of recycling and why people should avoid using plastic water bottles.
Top Ten Reasons to STOP Using Plastic Water Bottles
- Plastic Water Bottles Pollute our Beaches - It is not uncommon to find countless plastic water bottles washed ashore on beaches. It’s one of the main sources of pollution and poses a serious threat to our environment. About one tenth of all plastic created every year ends up in the ocean. And plastic water bottles eventually end up on the ocean floor. Enough.
- Plastic Water Bottles are Toxic - Re-using petroleum produced plastic water bottles with phthalates cause cancer, defects in pregnancy, and reduced fertility. NOT good!
- Slow Decomposition - Plastic water bottles take years and years to break down, much longer to decompose than many other types of trash. Using a refillable water container can save you $200 dollars a month.
- High Clean-Up Costs - Let’s stop spending money on picking up plastic water bottles that are found in our parks around the country. So irresponsible, wasteful and yes stupid.
- Less Incentive to Recycle - Because there is no deposit on water bottles, there is less of an incentive to recycle plastic bottles. What kind of legacy are we leaving our children?
- Plastic is Costly to Produce - Estimates report that 1.5 million tons of plastic waste are created by plastic bottles alone. Un-recycled plastic bottles waste valuable non-renewable resources. This type of waste threatens our wildlife and our wallets -- yes cleaning up plastic water bottles costs taxpayers money. Ouch, that’s wasteful and irresponsible.
- Producing Plastic Water Bottles Pollutes Our Environment - Americans trash 24 billion bottles each year (Sierra Club). When plastic is just thrown away, the plastic absorbs organic pollutants that were already in existence. These pollutants get into our soil and water, and eventually affect our entire ecosystem. Every year more than 800,000 metric tons of harmful pollutants are released into the air, just to replace discarded plastic water bottles. See also the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
- Plastic Waste Adds Up - About 2,480,000 tons of plastic bottles and other containers are not recycled every year. Plastic water bottles made up a significant portion of this waste. Let’s start practicing sustainable water practices today.
- Low Recycling Rate - Only one out of four plastic water bottles that are bought are actually recycled. Water bottles are filling up our landfills, not good.
- Plastic Trash is a Serious Problem - Why not just re-use your plastic water bottle?Because the plastic by itself has toxic material that can cause more harm than good.
Over 1.5 million tons of plastic is expended in the bottling of 89 billion liters of water each year (The World Wide Fund for Nature). And it takes two gallons of water to purify and make one gallon of purified water in a plastic gallon container (OneGreenPlanet).
Is this starting to make sense? These are the facts, plastic water bottles have never and will never be any good to you or the world.
Andrew Ciccone, VP Branding & Media Strategy - Andrew's long strange marketing trip began after graduating from Syracuse University with a BS in Marketing. Andrew then developed his marketing prowess when he moved to Madison Avenue big boys Young & Rubicam, Backer Spielvogel, and Grey Advertising. He went on to get a Masters in Corporate Communications from Baruch College, then went on to start his own agency in 2011 - Hudson Valley Public Relations. Andrew has earned a reputation for creative, smart, innovative campaigns that get results. Andrew's spare time is devoted to sailing regattas, family fun and film. To date he has penned four screenplays.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Water Facts & Trivia
Mother water loves us, we are water, flow through me mother water, flow through me I'm your daughter, flow to me, you're the one where we all came from
Love the water...
Your love is healing the water...
Our love is healing the water...
Water conservation is one of the best ways to protect the earth’s most precious resource for our children and the next generation. By saving and reducing water use helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
Water is the most one of the most important resources on our planet. in the world. Enjoy our fun water facts and learn how important water is to life.