Taking a hot bath is one of the best and indulgent of home remedies. There is a great feeling inside when you find out something delicious and pleasurable is actually good for you.
So get ready for the best news you'll hear all day: taking a long hot luxurious bath actually has medicinal benefits. Our longstanding cultural traditions surrounding bath time may have clued you in to its subversive powers. The Japanese tradition of bathing, or onsen, for instance, as well as Roman bath houses, and even Baptisms.
Here Are The Top 7 Health Reasons To Take A Hot Bath ...
1. Baths Elevate Your Mood - Obviously settling into warm water feels good, but the "feel good" pleasure lasts and lasts. Taking hot baths diminishes feelings of depression and pessimism because baths provide a wonderful combination of isolation, quiet, and comfort. The feelings of closeness we receive from being submerged in warm liquid gives us connotations of being in the womb, and it is very comforting," said Dr. John Harcup, chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee for the British Spa Foundation Overall, bathing induces feelings of comfort and easiness, and that kind of security allows your mind, and subsequently your body, to relax.
2. Hot Baths Help You Sleep Better - A hot bath before bed can put you sleep. At night our body temperatures naturally drop, which signals the production of melatonin aka the sleeping hormone. Soaking in a hot bath will raise your body temperature. And, when you exit the bath your body temperature will cool down, then speeding the production of melatonin - which sets you up for a sound sleepy sleep.
3. A Hot Bath Relieves Your Muscle Pain - Taking a hot bath relaxes your sore or tight muscles. Also, adding epsom salts to your bath will reduce inflammation in your joints caused by arthritis or other muscular diseases.
Our CuZn Bath Ball removes nasty Chlorine, Chloramine, Lead; Cyst; Micro-Organisms; Mercury; Asbestos; VOCs, MTBE; Pharmaceuticals and other harmful chemicals. Say buh bye to dry, itchy, flaky skin, brittle hair, eye, lung and sinus irritation. Great for the kiddies too.
4. Baths Make Your Heart Healthier - Taking a hot bath reduces blood pressure. This is significant because reduced blood pressure can help in preventing more serious heart conditions, like heart attack or stroke. Heat from the bath induces better blood flow and circulation, you're giving your a body a mini-workout.
5. Baths Burn Calories - While a soak is no match for water aerobics or active hydrotherapy, a good sweat induced by a hot bath can burn as many calories as taking a long walk.
6. Baths Relieve Cold And Flu Symptoms - Steam from a hot bath works wonders for stuffy noses and bad coughs. Congestion is caused by inflammation in your nasal passages, and steam gets the blood vessels in your face and nose moving, thus loosening any mucus blockage. A temperate bath can also help your immune system to better fight off viruses. Also a hot bath, will ease your mind and that alone will rid your body of cold and flu symptoms.
7. Baths Soothe And Heal Irritated Skin - While scalding baths can make your skin more irritated, a warm bath—in combination with certain essential oils, like coconut, olive, or lavender, can hydrate and heal dry or irritated skin. Plus, aromatherapy is great for regulating your mood or reducing stress.
The water temperature shouldn't too far exceed your own body temperature. While a hot bath feels great, a warm bath is better for your skin and immune system. Add oils like rose, lavender, calendula, aloe, for your skin. Epsom salt is great for your muscles and reducing any chances of infection. Keep part of your body, like your face, out of the water to prevent over-heating. Soak for 10-15 minutes, breathe, relax, enjoy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.