Water therapy, or hydrotherapy, has been used to treat disease and pain for centuries. There are many references to the healing uses of water, especially hot mineral springs and sea water, in ancient Hindu, Chinese and Native American teachings. Some springs, such as Lourdes, have been considered miraculous. At the basis of the hydrotherapy is the idea that water is the essence of life and water is a major part of the human body.
Hydrotherapy is the use of water to promote physical well-being. The treatments draw upon the healing properties of water for pain relief, making use of the body’s reaction to hot and cold stimuli. Cold water is used to stimulate and invigorate, increasing the body’s internal activity. Warm and hot water is used to calm and soothe, slowing it down. Alternating between hot and cold water treatments helps to heal injuries, enhance various bodily functions and reduce any inflammation.
Hydrotherapy includes a variety of treatments, including the use of pools, thermal baths and water circuits, saunas, steam rooms, ‘experience showers’ and more. Therapies can also enhanced with aromatherapy or Epsom salts. Thermal water circuits have a range of jets and water features which massage the body, stimulating the lymphatic system and flushing toxins. Cold plunge pools as well as artificial ice and snow rooms activates the body’s circulation.
Here Are The Top 5 Health Benefits Of Hydrotherapy:
1. Relieves Muscle Tension And Pain - The weightlessness you feel when under water relieves tension in the limbs, supporting aching muscles and easing the movement as opposed to when on land. Plus, hydrotherapy stimulates the release of endorphins in your body, acting as a natural pain reliever, which will further reduce muscle soreness.
2. Heals Injured Muscles - Being immersed in warm or hot water raises the body temperature, increasing blood flow around the circulatory system and alleviates pain. The improved circulation helps to heal injured tissues and rehabilitate damaged muscles and joints.
Shower yourself in love. Our Sprite HE7-CM Pure 7 Setting Chrome Handheld Massage Shower Filter removes chlorine, heavy metals, voc's, pesticides, herbicides, hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell), iron oxide, and even scale from your shower water. Bask in the spa like luxury of the 5 Inch, 7 setting shower head.
3. Boosts The Immune System - The increased blood flow and circulation of white blood cells around the body allows lymph (an immune system fluid that helps collect and get rid of unwanted materials from the body) to be moved through the body more efficiently and strengthens the immune system, helping to fight colds and illnesses.
4. Induces Detoxification - Saunas and steam rooms induce considerable sweating, the body’s primary way of eliminating toxins. Flush out impurities and toxins through the skin to cleanse and detox your body.
5. Relieves Stress - Hydrotherapy treatment helps to reduce blood pressure caused by stress. It may also slow down the body’s reaction to anxiety and release endorphins – a natural stress reliever.
To experience the benefits of hydrotherapy yourself, we recommend that you seek out your local resources for that provide hydrotherapy treatments. You can also begin using your own showers and baths as the magnificent location for your hydro therapy treatments. Create your perfect H2O healing retreat where your health and well being is the primary focus.
Comments will be approved before showing up.