Most people realize that it is important to drink filtered water, in order to keep from ingesting unsafe chemicals. However, showering with unfiltered water could be more dangerous.
Taking a shower is not enough. You have to ensure that the shower water you are using is actually safe enough. One of the ways to ensure shower water safety is to use a good shower filter. When you decide to remove the toxins in your shower water, the benefits will be clear.
Here Are The Top 5 Benefits When Using A Shower Filter ...
1. It Helps Prevent Cancer - Eliminate the nasty toxins from your shower. Bottom line, bathing and showering in chlorinated and chloraminated municipal water may increase the risk of bladder cancer, a new study shows. The medical findings were the first to suggest that these chemicals can be more harmful when they are inhaled or absorbed through the skin, because they do not undergo detoxification via the liver, increasing the potency of the chemicals. Unfiltered shower water can also contain an array of other chemicals like chlorine, chloramines, pharmaceuticals, PFOA, PFOS, fluoride, heavy metals, pesticides and more. A good shower filter takes care of these contaminants.
2. Great For Your Lungs - Stop inhaling chemically laced vapors. The heat of shower water can cause chemicals to vaporize and be released into the air at higher amounts than they are even present in the water itself. Municipally treated shower water can irritate the walls of your respiratory system. The EPA found significant and detectable levels of chlorine, thms, haloacetic acids, other chemicals and disinfectant byproducts in indoor air - and your lungs - as a result of bath and shower water. A good shower filter rids your shower of toxic vapors. Show your lungs some love again.
3. Softer Skin And Eliminate Skin Irritation - Showering in a disinfecting agent like chlorine or chloramine has a tremendous impact on the skin. Chlorine and chloramine in your shower water can cause dry skin, eczema and skin irritation. A good shower filter helps to bring your skin back to its natural softer state.
4. Get Shinier Hair - Unfiltered, municipally treated water can be bad for your hair - leaving it dry, frizzy and your scalp itchy. No bueno. Dry, frizzy hair breaks easily. A good shower filter eliminates the need to try every expensive hair treatment. A good shower filter is definitely a blessing for all your hair prayers.
5. Protect Your Beautiful Eyes - Shower water with chlorine and chloramine gives you red and irritated eyes. This is a result of the chemical stripping away the tear film that protects your cornea, making your eyes vulnerable to the dirt and bacteria floating around that wasn’t eliminated by the chlorinated water. (Ironic, right?). This is a result of your eyes becoming dehydrated due to the chlorine. Using a good shower filter will keep you having to call the eye doctor. The only red eye you ever need to experience is a late flight from the west coast.
A shower filter is a good investment when it comes to the health of you and your family. Don’t stress too much over what shower filter model you get. The main thing is to pick one up and start using it.
Are you using a shower filter ?? What are the benefits you are getting ??
Comments will be approved before showing up.