Water birth is the process of giving birth in a tub of warm water. Being that the baby has been in the amniotic fluid sac for nine month, birthing in a similar environment is natural, gentler and less stressful for both the mother and child.
BENEFITS OF WATER BIRTH
- Warm water is soothing, comforting and relaxing.
- Water’s buoyancy lessens the mother’s body weight, allowing free movement and ease of body movements.
- Being immersed in water helps lower high blood pressure caused by the anxiety of childbirth.
- href="https://www.watercheck.biz/blogs/water-facts-trivia/the-psychological-and-emotional-benefits-of-water" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Water is relaxing, water birth helps the laboring mother relax, and enjoy the miracle of life.
- Water is calming, it provides a greater sense of privacy, reducing inhibitions, anxiety and fears.
The classically designed Sansone Stainless Steel Water Dispenser offers convenience, is lightweight water transport and is a stylish countertop dispenser.
PREPARING FOR WATER BIRTH
Water birth should always occur under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider. Prior to, during and after childbirth be sure to stay well hydrated and make sure the temperature of water stays at 97 degrees Fahrenheit. Dehydration occurs for several reasons, an overheated tub, stress, anxiety and the physical demands on the mother during birth.
Birthing pools are specifically designed to prevent this problem.
- Check with your healthcare provider to educate yourself about coverage for aspect of water birth, including cover the cost of renting a birthing tub.
- Research options for where you will be having your water birth. If you plan to give birth at a hospital, make sure their policies permit water birth.
- There are many birth centers that may be the best option for your water birth.
We would not exist on this earth if there were no water. Water is essential for life, it sustains us.
We are water. Water has been around for billions of years. The miracle of water allows for the miracle of life. Water is amazingly powerful –
Andrew Ciccone, VP Branding & Media Strategy - Andrew's long strange marketing trip began after graduating from Syracuse University with a BS in Marketing. Andrew then developed his marketing prowess when he moved to Madison Avenue big boys Young & Rubicam, Backer Spielvogel, and Grey Advertising. He went on to get a Masters in Corporate Communications from Baruch College, then went on to start his own agency in 2011 - Hudson Valley Public Relations. Andrew has earned a reputation for creative, smart, innovative campaigns that get results. Andrew's spare time is devoted to sailing regattas, family fun and film. To date he has penned four screenplays.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.